Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Saturday, November 16, 2013

Thankful thoughts

  During the month of November I’ve been doing daily thankful thoughts on my Home in New England Facebook page. This is something that has made me realize that I have much to be thankful for. Taking the time to reflect on these things makes me appreciate them more, some are small and some are BIG.

“Be thankful for what you have; you'll end up having more. If you concentrate on what you don't have, you will never, ever have enough”
~Oprah Winfrey

 DSC_0611

Today I went to a local open house at the Spaulding Cooperage Antique Co-op in Townsend, MA.

Here’s a photo that I took of it in the winter, no it didn’t look like this today, it was rather balmy out!

spaulding cooperage

 DSCN8244

The Cooperage has 17 vendors selling a wide range of eclectic, vintage, shabby chic furniture, mixed in with jewelry, special paints and all of kinds of antiques!

DSC_0613

DSC_0582

DSC_0585

DSC_0584

DSC_0586

DSC_0587

DSC_0591

DSC_0593

DSC_0596

DSC_0595

DSC_0597

 DSC_0598

 DSC_0600

DSC_0601

DSC_0602

DSC_0603

DSC_0605

DSC_0606

DSC_0608

A big thank-you to the proprietor of the Spaulding Cooperage Antique Co-op Laura Bradley for allowing me to photograph this historical treasure!

~*~

Now that it’s getting closer to December I’ll share the story that I had posted on Facebook in August. It’s about my own vintage elf.

“I found my elf!!
All this talk about the " Elf on the Shelf " these past few years has always reminded me of the pixie elf that we had in my parents home as a child in the 60's, it always had a spot on our mantle during the Christmas season. I would think back and wonder where he went...
Recently I was going through some of my late Mother's things when I opened her sewing basket, there was that pixie elf just smiling back at me almost as if he were saying to me, " Hey don't you remember me my friend? "
I cleaned him up and fixed his head, which I believe that's what my mother was attempting to do but the Alzheimer's had taken over.
So this little guy will proudly be sharing our Christmas traditions with my family in our home...and yes...I still do believe.”

  elf collage

 
Blessings, Bonnie

3 comments:

  1. beautiful photos! your elf looks likw an elf on the shelf!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's Gods way of telling you your Mom is close by.
    Such a sweet little Elf, my Mom had Alzheimers also.
    Have a wonderful Thanksgiving.
    yvonne

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Bonnie, I came across your blog today. Love the photos of the beautiful New England landscapes. The decor photos are all so yummy!

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!~Blessings, Bonnie