Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Thursday, July 19, 2012

~The Scent of the Salt Air

 There’s something about the scent of the salt air that pulls me in, it’s  fuel for my soul.

Having  lived in a Lighthouse on Long Island Sound as a child and also on Cape Cod, the sounds and scents of the salty ocean are a sense of comfort to me, it feels like home.

My recent trip to Rockport MA with my family was one of those very hot & humid July days and the water was so cool and refreshing.

~*~

DSC_0360

DSC_0361

DSC_0369

DSC_0374

DSC_0375

DSC_0371

DSC_0383

DSC_0379

  DSC_0358

DSC_0419

DSC_0496

DSC_0505 

DSC_0428

DSC_0502 

There were so many perfectly smooth round stones everywhere that I stuffed my bag full with rocks to bring home to my garden.

DSC_0398

 DSC_0516

The lighting at the end of the day was so beautiful.

 ash collage

DSC_0543

DSC_0544

DSC_0011 (2)

DSC_0388

“ It is an interesting biological fact that all of us have in our veins the exact same percentage of salt in our blood that exists in the ocean, and therefore, we have salt in our blood, in our sweat, in our tears. We are tied to the ocean. And when we go back to the sea---whether it is to sail or to watch it---we are going back from whence we came.”

- John F. Kennedy

                                     ~*~*~*~

On another note… I had posted this on my

Home In New England

Facebook page yesterday, so I thought I would re-post it here as well. ☺

~I made this floor cloth last summer (the only one I've ever made) but after a few months of it laying on my mudroom floor I ended up rolling it up because I didn't want anything to happen to it... but that was  plain silly!, so now it sits on my desk. It's the perfect size for it. ☺
desk collage1

Blessings, Bonnie

1 comment:

  1. I grew up by the ocean when I was younger and love seeing pictures of it..Wishing I had a big water hole to take a dip in now..So hot and humid here..Have a great day..

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!~Blessings, Bonnie