Image Hosting by PictureTrail.com

Friday, August 24, 2012

~A Cape Cod Beach Day

 My favorite beaches are on the  Cape. My family moved there when I was 12…I’ll always call this piece of land that looks like a flexed arm my home. ♥

My recent escape to the Cape made me reflect & appreciate growing up in such a beautiful place, it makes me long to move back home. ♥

DSC_0024

In Yarmouth beautiful  rose hips adorn the dune grass.  I would spend my Summer days swimming at this very beach.

DSC_0021

DSC_0023 

DSC_0014

  Over on the bay side in Dennis. I love it when  it’s low tide. Flat hard sand that forms ripples  stretching far out to the ocean’s edge. Walking to the edge is an adventure in itself!

DSC_0134

DSC_0108

 Once there you set up camp…but that’s only for a short while because the tide always comes back in. ☺

DSC_0136

 You bring all the comforts of home with you.

DSC_0143

 

DSC_0106

 DSC_0140

DSC_0127

The water was so calm…barely a breeze.

 DSC_0125

 DSC_0122

 DSC_0151

It was fun looking for sand dollars in the surf.

DSC_0145

DSC_0158

 DSC_0182

DSC_0172

DSC_0180

DSC_0003

All good beach days do come to an end, I wish they wouldn’t.

 DSC_0077

DSC_0089 

I can feel Summer fading away.

~*~

On a closing note I would like to wish my husband a very Happy Birthday today!  I hope he catches that big fish he has always wanted to hook before he has to hang that rod up for another season.

family1

Blessings, Bonnie

5 comments:

  1. What a wonderful place to grow up, looks like it was a day well spent. hope hubby got that fish!! ~Kriss~

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh my, how beautiful! I would like to be there right now. lol I hope you will stop by and enter my Amish giveaway. Have a blessed day!
    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  3. I visited Cape Cod every year with my grandparents and aunts and uncles, and you have captured it perfectly in these pictures! I feel like I can SMELL the ocean, and oh those dunes....my heart aches to be IN those pictures!! :-D

    WONDERFUL!!!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Your post brought back so many memories for me! I spent many summers with my aunt and uncle on Martha's Vinyard. I remember looking for sand dollars, too! Such great pictures. I'm sure you have a fabulous time when you are here. Very nice post!

    ReplyDelete
  5. JUST BREATH TAKING...I have only been to Cape Cod once but oh so wish to go back.
    Thanks for sharing.
    Karen

    ReplyDelete

I love hearing from you!~Blessings, Bonnie